April 6, 2014

Stitches Of Another Kind

I've enjoyed making my own hand bound journals for several years now. There is so much you can do to personalize a journal.
I'm getting ready to teach the high schoolers from my homeschool group how to make a journal. I'm trying to keep it simple while still pushing their creativity.

Here is sample #1


From a collage I put together using magazine clippings. 


To a journal cover.
I left the cover blank for now, but I can see adding a quote someday.

Sample #2


Here, I used a map, a train ticket stub, a tag, magazine clippings, and ink to make it look old.



2 comments:

  1. Linda, they are beautiful. And I am looking with interest at the binding. I try to learn that too. Did you get lessons or did you find it out by other informations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Doris. I took a class many years ago, and throughout the years I have played around with different bindings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the visit.