November 6, 2013

Time For Healing Mixed With Tradition

It seems the days pass by so quickly, yet when one is dealing with a health issue, time seems to slow down.

My 8 month battle with an off and on severe skin rash is due to a wheat/gluten sensitivity. During that period, I saw three conventional doctors who insisted I had contact dermatitis or didn't really know what was causing the flare ups, and thought there was nothing wrong with me being on steroids for the rest of my life. That was not going to happen! 
Then finally, I went to see an alternative doctor, and he muscle tested for a food allergy which turned out to be wheat/gluten. Since I have been on a gluten free diet for the last three weeks, my rash has gone away.
 Finally! A doctor that was able to help me. 
You will probably hear more about my new gluten free lifestyle in the future.

Meanwhile…...

During this time I became depressed and crazy at the same time. My mind wasn't clear enough to allow creativity to take place, yet I still needed to keep my hands busy. 

I started this quilt piece…...Grandmother's Flower Garden.

I'm always drawn to traditional quilt patterns every time I see them in person or in magazines. I even have several in my quilt collection. To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll ever finish this as I will probably get tired of doing this tedious pattern over and over and over again, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time I started it.  



I chose to do this in reproduction fabrics. Below are a few antique quilts from my collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit.