January 15, 2013

Alabama Chanin

I first learned about Alabama Chanin on Rice Freeman Zachery's blog. I immediately fell in love with Natalie's style, so I bought one of her books.


This is a fabulous book where Natalie graciously shares some of her stitching techniques.
I purchased some of her fabric to see what this "organic cotton jersey" felt like.


I expected it to be soft and flimsy like the cotton jersey t-shirts I usually wear, but it's not!
Natalie suggests making a sample t-shirt to check for size, so I did.




While I was hand sewing, I hand time to really feel the quality of the cotton, then I started to picture the beautiful clothing made from this cloth. 

I am excited about the possibilities!

Unfortunately........



My sample t-shirt is too small!

 Oh well! I enjoyed every minute of it, and tomorrow, I will start sewing the next size up.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the visit.